NGO Name: Kolektif Rivier Nwar
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
4. Ensure inclusive & equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
Villages Les Salines, Grande Rivière Noire being a touristic village, has been affected with the pandemic Covid-19. Many breadwinners have lost their jobs in the tourism sector or even while working as domestic staff in villas or bungalows. This high rate of unemployment has impacted their daily lives, their children’s education and even their eating habits significantly. This project will empower 5 families, identified by Kolektif Rivier Nwar, through a small aquaponics farm. Growing, harvesting and selling organic vegetables to local businesses will ensure that these families learn new skills to ensure that they become self sufficient.
Please Note: All information herein, in part or in whole, is that of the said NGO and not of the I61 Foundation. 100% of the funds raised will be allocated to the project. If you have any questions, we would be more than happy to answer them. Thank you for your consideration.