United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
In 2006, Fondation Espoir et Développement (FED) launched the Beautiful Localhands (BLH) project to help local craft workers by giving them the opportunity to develop their skills and sell their products to the tourist market. The project is a resounding success and generates income for vulnerable people, their communities, and helps preserve traditional crafts and cultural heritage. Many of the 55 artisans who work regularly with FED are women who use their income to improve the quality of life of their families and give their children a better education.
Please Note: All information herein, in part or in whole, is that of the said NGO and not of the I61 Foundation. 100% of the funds raised will be allocated to the project. If you have any questions, we would be more than happy to answer them. Thank you for your consideration.