NGO Name: Multiple
4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
Nonprofit compliance is a critical component of any organisation, including nonprofit organizations (NPO’s). Together with Pascale Leonide Consulting (PLC) www.plconsultingltd.com, the I61 Foundation seeks to empower Mauritian NPO’s by educating them on compliance and good governance. This is in line with the recent focus of the Mauritian government through their call for all NPO’s to “understand, identify and act ”in this arena.
The Mauritian government has requested that all NPO’s understand the nature of terrorist financing as a risk to NPOs, their exposure to threat, vulnerability to risk and, if needed, to act to reduce the risk through best practices.
Pascale Leonide, the founder of PL Consulting Ltd (PLC), is an investment fund and offshore specialist and brings 14 years of experience supporting domestic and offshore entities. PLC will provide a two-day course to ten NPO’s (two attendees each) covering the following:
- Introduction to Compliance and Good Governance
- Duties of Officer Bearers under the Registration of Associations Act 1978
- Understanding Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- Risk Assessment Framework
- Risk Mitigation
Please Note: All information herein, in part or in whole, is that of the said NGO and not of the I61 Foundation. 100% of the funds raised will be allocated to the project. If you have any questions, we would be more than happy to answer them. Thank you for your consideration.