I Can School Move (Part 1)
NGO Name: I Can Special Needs School
1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agricultureEnsure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
The landowners of the current school building have returned to Mauritius after 8 years, terminating the contract. I CAN have found a new building in Renard Street, Beau Bassin, that fulfils all their needs as a special needs school, with space to grow. The building of 2947 sq ft is situated on a plot land of 250 toises. However, the building has been standing vacant for quite some time necessitating renovation to meet school standards for the children. Funding is needed to upgrade the plumbing to make the bathrooms more user-friendly for children and those with disabilities.
Please Note: All information herein, in part or in whole, is that of the said NGO and not of the I61 Foundation. 100% of the funds raised will be allocated to the project. If you have any questions, we would be more than happy to answer them. Thank you for your consideration.