NGO Name: ENL Foundation
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
ENL Foundation targeted unemployed and unskilled individuals from vulnerable families, with an aim to support them in launching their initiatives through empowerment. 7 women have shown tremendous determination in joining forces and launched their catering unit which they named ‘Saveur Typique’. These unemployed women have been involved in small culinary events in their own region, while developing their own culinary skills and cultivating the idea to launch their own income generating activity. Since July 2020, the women started selling local dishes on a pilot basis, and they have been able to secure a ‘clientele’ in their surrounding area. Unfortunately, as the space they are using is narrow and not well equipped, they are limited in their endeavour. This project proposal intends specifically to support these women in setting up a well-equipped and secure kitchen in a refurbished container that will be placed within the compound of ‘La Maison Communautaire Nou Tou Ansam’.
Project Update (May 2021)
Funds have now been received to purchase and refurbish the container. We will be working closely with Container City to ensure that the new ‘kitchen’ meets the needs of the women who run Saveur Typique in L’Escalier. We are so excited for them, to see this dream of theirs become a reality, and to support the ENL Foundation in this project. We will keep you up to date as to how we progress!
Please Note: All information herein, in part or in whole, is that of the said NGO and not of the I61 Foundation. 100% of the funds raised will be allocated to the project. If you have any questions, we would be more than happy to answer them. Thank you for your consideration.